Drowning Man - Michael  Robotham This is the second book in the series featuring psychologist Joseph O'Loghlin, but unlike The Suspect, this book is told from the perspected of detective Vincent Ruiz. Ruiz is pulled from the Thames one night with bullet wounds and a missing finger. When he wakes up in hospital he has no memory of what happened to him. He suspects it has something to do with the disappearance of Mickey Carlyle, a young girl who went missing years ago.

The book follows Ruiz as he not only tries to piece together what happened that night, but find out what happened to Mickey as well. It was brilliantly done. I loved that he had no idea what happened so the reader goes on a journey with him, waiting for that moment when his memory returns.

I love Robotham's writing. There's always just the right amount of humour mixed in with the action and suspense. The plot had me gripped and I was tearing through the last 50 pages to find out what happened. Plenty of twists and drama all the way through! I got a little confused by some of the plot details which is why I'm marking it down a little. It's probably just down to the fast paced nature of the book, though.

If you love crime and haven't checked out Robotham's books yet then you definitely should!