Linger  - Maggie Stiefvater Review also posted here on TotalTeenFiction.

I was such a huge fan of Shiver that I've been dying to read the sequel! Linger is the second book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy and carries on the story of Grace and Sam.

The first thing to mention about this book is that whereas with Shiver the story was golf from Grace and Sam's perspective in mostly alternating chapters, in Linger we get chapters written from Isabel and Cole's POV as well. It was really great getting to know more about Isabel and get inside her head as I knew she has the potential to be a fascinating character. She had a lot more depth and I felt myself drawn to her in this book. Learning all about Cole made for interesting reading, too.

The writing is still what absolutely makes me love these books. It's just so beautiful and poetic and feels like writing you just want to savour every moment of!

A lot of the plot revolves around what is happening to Grace. It's clear early on that something isn't quite right and there's plenty of mystery and suspense as you wait to find our more. I was completely gripped and wrapped up in all the characters' individual journeys.

Sam is still one of my all time favourite fictional characters. He's just so different from the male leads in other YA series that I've read.

A fantastic sequel that most definitely lived up to expectations! I completely agree with the quote on the back that describes is as the perfect book to curl up with. The characters, writing and plot are all brilliantly captivating and the book held my attention all the way through, and the climax to the action was incredible. If you still haven't checked out these books yet then I highly recommend you do!

Find more books like this at TotalTeenFiction!