Merch Girl - Rebecca Lewis Full review also posted here on TotalTeenFiction.

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I've been searching for more music themed YA novels recently so I when I came across Merch Girl I actually got in touch with the author who very kindly sent me a copy to review. Merch Girl follows Lacey and best friend Trina as they head off on tour with their favourite band.

You know when you finish a book and end up overwhelmed by all of the feelings? That was me after finishing Merch Girl! I loved this book so much, but we better start at the beginning. Immediately I was drawn to main character Lacey. She starts out shy and awkward which I can totally relate to. She's never had a boyfriend and is kind of carried along by her best friend Trina, who's the more outgoing one of the two. The book is set during the summer before Lacey starts college and I think that's the perfect time to explore yourself and have fun, so it was great to see Lacey experience that and gain some confidence.

Needless to say with the characters hanging around with a band made up of three good looking guys, there's plenty of romance to be had! Lacey finds herself drawn to lead singer Logan, and I have to admit, I am completely with her there. I don't often get fictional crushes but Logan is totally swoonworthy! I absolutely loved him. He had great chemistry with Lacey and I really enjoyed their scenes together. Despite Lacey being shy, she just seems to be so comfortable with Logan and he was such a caring and thoughtful character (which made for a nice change!). They have a fair few barriers up against them, mainly the attention Logan gets from fans and the fact the record label want the guys to appear single, so it was good seeing how the two of them coped with those obstacles.

Now I wanted a book about music but I never imagined I would get such an experience! Reading Merch Girl left me feeling like I was right there on tour with Lacey and the gang. I could feel the atmosphere of the gigs and got swept up in the celebrity, rock and roll lifestyle of the band. I absolutely love road trip novels as well so having that element of the story was an added bonus! I enjoyed reading about all the different places they get to visit (and I was only a teeny bit jealous...).

The friendship between Lacey and Trina was a real backbone to the story. I adored the relationship the girls had and how they were always on hand to give each other advice, whether it be about matters of the heart or what to wear the next day. They really balanced each other out as well being quite different from each other.

There were more great characters to mix up the story a bit, from bitchy Jenna who causes a whole load of drama, to superfan Devin who gave that insight into the band's fans. I loved all the little sub-plots going on alongside Lacey's adventures because it meant there was always something happening.

I couldn't put this book down. By the end I'd surprised myself with just how emotional I'd become about the story coming to a close! I was just so invested in the characters and the plot and didn't want that journey to end but when it did I was blown away by what a perfect way to leave things it was.

I honestly can't recommend this book enough. It's fun, yet filled with drama and has a fantastic love story. I think it will appeal to a wide range of people, from lovers of YA contemporary to die hard music fans. If you've obessed over a band at any time in your life (and let's face it, who hasn't?) then you'll find something to relate to in there. And it really encapsulated that time of life when you're finishing school and heading out into the big wide world. The writing completely caught my attention and I can't wait to read more from this author!

Find more books like this at TotalTeenFiction!